The Brain and Addiction: A Science Curriculum in American Sign LanguageSee Demo Here
Through the story of "Ann", a deaf high school student, students will learn:
- Basic information about the anatomy of the brain and its functions, with an emphasis on the Reward System.
- The function of neurotransmitters in the normal brain and the impact of drugs of abuse.
- The social, psychological and legal consequences of drug use and addiction are presented through Ann's experimentation with drugs, use, abuse and recovery.
- Real life stories of initiation into drug use, consequences of addiction and the difficult process of recovery are told by three deaf individuals.
- Optional student self-test questions.
- Teacher Guide
This product is suitable for both deaf and mainstream schools as it has voiceover and English captions.
This product is sold as a CDRom.
To pay by credit card, please follow the shopping cart link shown below.
To pay via Purchase Order: Purchase Orders and Tax Exempt certificates can be sent:
By email to email@example.com
By mail to: SSIC
Attn: P. Creamer
71 West 23rd Street, 4th floor
New York, NY 10010